Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Word Shower (revised)

Flawless unscathed words of sunrise 
spray from the faucet at morning break
intentions still unclear 
through the fogginess of last night's dreams.

In search of communion 
they trickle down into my scalp 
over my face
into my hair
through the roots 
down the tips.

Lathered up in bubbly foam
washing away yesterday's failures
rinsing away the sand and grit 
of brilliance not yet realized.

Cleanse, Clarify, Purify.

In search of rejuvenation
they soak in and drip down
into my eyes
over my curves 
through my fingers 
down my legs.

Puddled at the floor
collecting the promise of today
facing the challenges of expression
of saying what needs to be said.

Awaken, Affirm, Revive.

Soak me in them 
bathe me in them
steep me in them
I want to be saturated by these words
absorb all their intricacies

I want to spread them on like lotion 
each syllable, seeping into my pores
traveling in phrases and sentences 
through my bloodstream, 
breathing life into me
nourish me
stir me
move me.

Bring me to tears.





No comments:

Post a Comment